Resolutions for 2013


The beginning of a new year can be an opportunity to reflect on what has and has not been working in our lives and think about what changes we might want to make.  What typically follows are New Year’s Resolutions – those promises we make to ourselves every January first to live our lives better.

New Year’s Resolutions have never worked very well for me.  Maybe I try to make changes that are too drastic, or maybe I try to make too many changes at once.  Whatever the reason, my resolutions of the past haven’t lasted long or resulted in any significant improvements in the way I live my life. 

But here it is, the beginning of a new year, and I just can’t seem to help myself.  Here are some things I plan to work on:

 
I want to…

be more present in the moment.  This will be a challenge as my thoughts bounce around so much, but I’m trying to focus more on what I’m doing in the present moment.

live mindfully.  Rather than drifting through my days filling days with whatever presents itself as needing to be done at the time, I would like to better organize my time and my activities.  I’m hoping this will result in more time spent doing things I really want to do and accomplishing what I want to accomplish.

take better care of myself.  Exercise daily.  Eat healthfully.  Rest when my body is telling me it needs rest, instead of pushing myself to get more done. 

That’s about it.  Wish me luck!

I would love to hear what resolutions you’re making for 2013.

Happy New Year!

Cindy

Comments

  1. I love your list Cindy!!! well written and a great way to start the New Year!! Wishing you all the best for a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Kindle Case Tutorial

Shaklee Sports Nutrition Pack Giveaway

Ribbon Rose Tutorial