Winding Down


The first part of 2012 seemed to move so slowly.  Or maybe it just dragged along because I find the weather here during winter and most of spring to be so miserable. 

The seemingly never ending cold, rainy weather results in way too much time spent indoors, for me at least, as I have so little cold tolerance now.  I used to enjoy skiing and sledding, but now I experience cold as pain, and even when bundled up from head to toe, being out in cold weather is a painful experience.  Fortunately, this will likely be our last winter here in Bellingham.

As I mentioned earlier this year, Fred’s employer will be closing their facility here sometime during the first part of 2013.  He doesn’t have another job lined up yet.  I’m hoping he’ll be able get a job somewhere near where our families live in California.  It would be so nice to see everyone more often and for our daughter to have a closer relationship with loved ones.  

Not knowing where we’ll be living or when we’ll be moving hasn’t been easy.  Some other situations have added to this stress, but they aren’t things I can go into here.  I’ll admit that in spite of a lifetime of deeply felt spiritual beliefs, my faith has been shaken this past year.  My spirituality has always been there in the past, as much a part of me as the vital organs that keep my body alive.  This past year, however, maintaining faith and hope has required conscious effort.

I’m not sure when this past year seemed to pick up speed, but these last few months have raced by.  I can hardly believe the year is coming to a close in just a few days.  The Solstice is behind us, and the days are lengthening, even though we don’t notice it yet.

Just knowing that more sunshine is on the way makes me happy.  I can understand why tanning salons are so popular here, but they’re not an option for me because of a health problem that can be made worse with direct exposure to UV light.

For now, I’m enjoying this little break between Christmas and the coming year with its goals, plans, and general daily business.  It’s lovely to sit in a warm house and enjoy a few quiet days with no obligations or demands on my time and energy.  With a book in hand or knitting needles clicking away, a fire in the fireplace, and a cat on my lap, I’m happily passing the time as I take a relaxing little break (and keep my mind away from my to-do list).

Hoping and praying for a better year in 2013,

Cindy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Kindle Case Tutorial

Ribbon Rose Tutorial

Shaklee Sports Nutrition Pack Giveaway