A Bad Day

If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life,
your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
                                              Rabindranath Tagore



Yesterday was one of those days. You know, a day when things aren't going the way you think they should. Nothing really tragic or earth shattering was happening, and I recognized that fact, but little irritations were getting the best of me.

To begin with, I wasn't feeling very well. I have this inner ear thing that sometimes causes dizziness when I move. There were things I wanted to do and places to go, so I did them anyway, weaving around and trying to keep my balance as I went. And there were little things that felt like they mattered more than they did.

My attitude wasn't at it's best, either, and that was a lot of the problem.

When I took my husband out to lunch (we have a weekly lunch "date"), I began to feel better. I always enjoy spending time with my husband, and by the time I took Fred back to work, I felt much better. I noticed how beautiful the fall leaves looked, all red, orange, gold, and green. I still had a "to-do" list a mile long, but it all seemed more manageable.

I didn't accomplish everything on my list, but it was alright, I didn't really mind. Just spending some time with my husband had made all the difference in my attitude and my day.

How do you handle a bad day?

Cindy

Comments

  1. I know how much you cherish your lunch dates with Fred, but Joe and I were wondering if we could crash it sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I relate to the dizziness issue, which I'm starting to battle myself. Sometimes getting outside on a pretty day helps; some dizzy days are just lousy all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel-anytime!
    Diane-you too? Oh no! Sorry to hear that, it's not a lot of fun. Hope it doesn't turn into a long term thing for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Kindle Case Tutorial

Ribbon Rose Tutorial

Shaklee Sports Nutrition Pack Giveaway