A Shabby Treasure


Laura and I enjoy going to yard sales during the summer. Whole house estate sales are the most fun as they frequently have interesting older items. We both enjoy looking at the junk treasures that people have kept for many years.


I purchased a shabby old quilt for ten dollars at one of these estate sales . It was made using a pattern that was especially popular during the 1930s called Dresden Plate. Back in the ‘30s, women frequently made use of pretty printed feed sacks for fabric. These feed sack fabric designs are still popular and have been reproduced for present-day quilters.

I don’t know the age of my shabby quilt, just that it is very worn and appears to be very old.


I purchased it with the intention of using it for craft projects, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to cut it up. There are so many hours of hand work that went into making this quilt, and the workmanship is good.


This quilt was made by an experienced quilter. I’ve also considered repairing/restoring it.

I’m busy with several other projects now, so I won’t be doing anything with the quilt anytime soon. When the time is right to do something with it, I’ll know. For now, I’m just enjoying having this beautiful quilt.

What kind of treasures do you enjoy?

Cindy

Comments

  1. Recipes. I read 'em, print 'em out, keep an ugly, falling-apart box of 'em. Not that I make most of the dishes. I just enjoy the idea of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - me too! I hope you got the return e-mail I sent, if not check your "spam" folder. I've heard from others that I frequently end up there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get your email! Just haven't had time to answer back as fully as I want to. Do want to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Kindle Case Tutorial

Ribbon Rose Tutorial

Shaklee Sports Nutrition Pack Giveaway